Title: The Raven
Label: United Artists Records
Released: Sep 1979
Style: New Wave, Punk
Cat: UAG 30262
Format: MP3, FLAC, WMA
FLAC size: 1019 mb | MP3 size: 2838 mb | WMA size: 2042 mb
|5||Dead Loss Angeles|
Bass [2nd] – Hugh Cornwell
|10||Shah Shah A Go Go||4:51|
|11||(Don't Bring) Harry||4:09|
|GP-765, GP 765||The Stranglers||The Raven (LP, Album, Promo, 3D )||United Artists Records, United Artists Records||GP-765, GP 765||Japan||1979|
|UAJ(L)1017||The Stranglers||The Raven (LP, Album)||United Artists Records||UAJ(L)1017||South Africa||1979|
|4XQ-17190||The Stranglers||The Raven (Cass, Album, RE, Dol)||EMI America||4XQ-17190||US||1985|
|1C 064-82 740||The Stranglers||The Raven (LP, Album, RE)||Liberty, EMI Electrola, United Artists Records||1C 064-82 740||Europe||Unknown|
|UAG 30262||The Stranglers||The Raven (LP, Album, MP)||United Artists Records||UAG 30262||UK||1979|
- Bass, Vocals – Jean Jacques Burnel
- Composed By – The Stranglers
- Cover [Concept] – The Stranglers
- Design [Coordination] – John Pasche
- Design [Inner Sleeve] – Shoot That Tiger!
- Drums – Jet Black
- Engineer – Alan Winstanley
- Guitar, Vocals – Hugh Cornwell
- Keyboards, Vocals – Dave Greenfield
- Management – Ian Grant
- Mastered By – BilBo , Porky
- Mixed By – Alan Winstanley, Steve Churchyard
- Photography By [2d Cover Photo] – Chris Ryan
- Photography By [3d Cover Photo] – Toppan
- Photography By [Back Cover Photo] – Paul Cox
- Photography By [Inner Bag Photo] – Allan Ballard
- Producer – Alan Winstanley, The Stranglers
Limited edition of 20000 copies with lenticular print on the front of the sleeve.
This is the initial release which had the image of Joh Bjelke-Petersen on the inner sleeve artwork. Another limited edition was inadvertently created when the band was forced to remove this image. Petersen was the subject of the album's sixth track, "Nuclear Device (The Wizard of Aus)". See The Raven for the version without the banned image.
℗© Liberty/United Records (U.K.) Limited
Engineered at Pathe Marconi Studio, Paris, June 1979.
Mixed at Air London Studios.
We would like to thank the following:
Paul 'Sheds' Jackson, Martin Mulligan, Alan McStravich, Max Prior, Sandie Read, Alan Edwards, Paul Loasby, Ground Control, Super Mick Lights
Management: Ian Grant, Black And White Management
Published by April Music Ltd./Albion Music Ltd.
℗ 1979 Liberty-United Records (UK) Ltd.
Made in England a product of United Artists Records Ltd
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): UAG 30262A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): UAG 30262B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, variant 1): BiLBO TA1PE UAG 30262 A-4U
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, variant 1): PORKY UAG 30262 B-1U
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, variant 2): A BILBO BOPPA! UAG 30262 A-3U
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, variant 2): PORKY UAG 30262 B-1U
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, variant 3): A PORKY PRIME CUT UAG 30262 A-1U
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, variant 3): PORKY UAG 30262 B-1U
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Liberty/United Records (UK) Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Liberty/United Records (UK) Ltd.
- Record Company – United Artists Records Ltd.
- Engineered At – Studio Pathé Marconi EMI
- Mixed At – Air Studios
- Published By – April Music Ltd.
- Published By – Albion Music Ltd.
- Mastered At – Tape One
The Raven is the fourth studio album by English new wave band The Stranglers. It was released on 21 September 1979, through record label United Artists. The first two songs, much of the artwork the band is shown standing on the prow of a Viking longship and the album title refer to Norse mythology. The album deals with a variety of issues, including Japanese ritual suicide Ice, heroin use Don't Bring Harry, the Iranian Revolution Shah Shah a Go Go and genetic engineering Genetix. The Raven - The Stranglers. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Dead Loss Angeles. The Stranglers. The Old Testament UA Studio Recs 77-82. Jet Black, JeanJacques Burnel, Dave Greenfield, Hugh Cornwell. Baroque Bordello. Listen free to The Stranglers The Raven Longships, The Raven and more. 11 tracks 40:57. The Stranglers - The Raven was released 21 Sept '79. The Raven. The Stranglers - The Raven 1979. To favorites 6 Download album. Listen album. Songs in album The Stranglers - The Raven 1979. The Stranglers - Longships. The Stranglers - The Raven. The Stranglers - Dead Loss Angeles. The Stranglers - Ice. The Stranglers - Baroque Bordello. The Stranglers - Nuclear Device. The Stranglers - Shah Shah A Go Go. The Stranglers - Don't Bring Harry. The Stranglers - Duchess. Album 1979 15 Songs. Rock 1979. the time The Raven was released, the Stranglers had branched out a bit from their punk-influenced pop music stylings and grouchy personal-relationship-based lyrics. Half the songs on this album among them Dead Loss Angeles, Nuclear Device, Shah Shah a Gogo, and Genetix spout verses critical of social or political issues. Only the first of these four numbers, with its clipped vocal delivery and stripped-down, bass-heavy arrangement, shows significant British punk influence. Completa la tua Collezione su The Raven was released on 21 September 1979. It reached No. 4 in the UK albums chart, remaining in the chart for eight weeks. However, it is believed it should have made No. 1 but for an error in the chart. The Police reached No. The Raven The Stranglers. Retrieved 30 April 2013. The Stranglers : The Raven,альбом, рецезия, трек-лист, mp3, тексты песен. Nuclear Device. Shah Shah a Go Go. Don't Bring Harry